In a legal case already 2 years old, fingers are pointing in all directions regarding
a fire in an abandoned skyscraper near Ground Zero, damaged on 9/11/01, which
claimed the lives of two NYC firefighters. An asbestos- abatement company removed
a section of water supply pipe, city and state inspectors failed to report it, and when the
fire occurred and there wasn’t adequate water, 2 guys died from smoke inhalation (which
tells me they weren’t wearing their SCBAs). Just another example of why
COMMUNICATION is my big word when teaching safety classes.