Here’s another one from Deborah. I’m not getting lazy by crossposting, it’s just that I haven’t seen any really sexy issues to comment on lately. There was a recent derailment with a couple of hazmat tankers involved, a bit south of here in Imperial, MO, but for once no spill or fire, and the TV people didn’t say what the chemicals were. A few years ago I was hiking home from a place where I used to teach, and was waiting for a train to pass, and saw a 30,000-gallon tanker of hydrogen fluoride roll by. WOW, that stuff will even eat through GLASS. I wouldn’t want to be around if there was an accident involving that bad mammerjammer. And if I find out about the fate of Shell’s ill-fated Kulluk drill rig, I’m sure I’ll have something to say. Maybe they can make a sculpture out of it. [Yes, we all use energy, and we’re hypocrites if we think otherwise, but we can keep working towards cleaner sources. I’ve said before that I don’t mind the idea of micronukes; I posted a Discover article about it some time ago.]
Anyway, perhaps you can use this app. I’m low-tech and can’t do all that fancy stuff. Enjoy!
New post on Romancing the Bee
Plant a garden that butterflies, hummingbirds, and bees will love as much as you!
The Bee Smart™ Pollinator Gardener is your comprehensive guide to selecting plants for pollinators specific to your area. Never get caught wondering what plants to buy again!
With the Bee Smart™ Pollinator Gardener’s easy user interface, browse through a database of nearly 1,000 native plants. Filter your plants by what pollinators you want to attract, light and soil requirements, bloom color, and plant type.
* Create a note easily using the free Catch app and add text, pictures and voice recordings to your plant notes.
- New English Garden Bee Plants – “Essence Purple” and “Silver Mist” English Lavender (romancingthebee.com)
- Bee Friendly: A planting guide for European honeybees and Australian native pollinators (milkwood.net)
- New English Garden Bee Plant – Buddleia “Lo And Behold ©” Ice Chip (romancingthebee.com)
- Gardeners to discuss native plants at Wednesday symposium (onlineathens.com)
- 4 Reasons to Love Native Plants (sierraclub.typepad.com)
- New English Garden Bee Plants – “Purrsian Blue” Nepeta (romancingthebee.com)
- Small patches of native plants help boost pollination services in large farms (eurekalert.org)
- Cardinal Flowers and Hummingbirds – Pollination Perfection (eyeonnature.wordpress.com)